is constantly looking for methods to ensure the value of a continuous improvement, respecting our customers and protecting our staff and suppliers of improper practices.
This Charter is a declaration of commitment and covers our employees (whether permanent, fixed-term or temporary) and any associated third party providing services to or on our behalf.
What Is Bribery?
Bribery consist on the offering, promising, giving, accepting or requesting an advantage as an inducement for action. It is illegal, and it is a breach of trust. A bribe is an inducement or reward offered, promised or provided in order to gain a commercial, contractual, regulatory or personal advantage.
Universal Cargo Will Not Tolerate Bribery Corruption.
Bribery or attempted bribery is unacceptable. This applies to offering a bribe, as well as accepting a bribe. It is against Universal Cargo's core values of conducting business to the highest legal, moral and ethical standards.
Bribery and corruption are covered by several international laws and statutes. These laws often require companies, including our to have rigorous and pro-active measures in order to detect and prevent corrupt practices.
Declaration of principles
Our staff and suppliers commit to follow a legal and ethical behavior, and to refrain from doing any activity that will infringe the interests of Universal Cargo, other agents, customers, or the industry itself. Universal Cargo will take steps to ensure that applicable regulations are fully informed of and will monitor our employees and business partners to ensure full and continual compliance.
Universal Cargo is aware of all applicable laws on bribery and corruption in all the jurisdictions in which it operates, and will obey and uphold those laws. As regards the international regulations – as the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and the UK Bribery Act 2010 - We, as a FIDI member company, commit to enable our commercial relationships in accordance with the said laws, in Argentina and abroad.
As a demonstration of its commitment, Universal Cargo pledges to take zero tolerance as regards bribery and corruption. At all times, Universal Cargo will act professionally, fairly and with the utmost integrity in all business dealings and relationships. This will apply wherever we operate.
Main tips to respect
By agreeing and committing to this Charter, each employee of Universal Cargo undertakes to:
- Never engage in any form of bribery, either directly or through a third party.
- Never offer, make or authorize an improper payment (cash or other) to any individual, including any local or foreign official anywhere in the world.
- Never attempt to induce an individual, or a local or foreign official to act illegally or improperly.
- Never offer, or accept money or anything of value, such as gifts, kickbacks or commissions, in linked to the procurement of business or the award of a contract.
- Never offer or give any gift or token of hospitality to any public employee, government official or representative if there is any expectation or implication for a favor in return.
- Never accept any gift from any business partner if there is any suggestion that a favor in return will be expected or implied.
- Never facilitate payments to obtain a level of service which one would not normally be entitled to.
- Never disregard or fail to report any indication of improper payments to the corresponding authorities.
- Never induce or assist another individual to break any applicable law or regulation.